Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Even the most boring classes are useful.

I had History of American Journalism today. It's basically like death in the form of an hour and 15 minute lecture. I usually use this time constructively to check twitter, facebook and my email. Constantly. I circulate through them pretty much all class. It's kind of a battery drainer. I do tune in occasionally, though, so I heard the professor say 'gold rush.'

One of my favorite songs ever by one of the best bands ever, is Good To Go by Eye Alaska. I love it so much I usually play it on repeat in my car until I get to my destination and it has 341 plays in iTunes. Part of the lyrics are, "and if this was the gold rush, I would be caught up in the moment."



Naturally the very first thing that popped into my mind when my professor said gold rush was this song. Also, that's all I really retained. I have no idea what he was actually talking about. Since it was the most exciting thing that happened all day, I tweeted about it.
My friend Megan retweeted:
Roy English is the singer in Eye Alaska. His real name is actually Brandon Wronski. Eye Alaska broke up and he started a solo project where he changed his name to Roy English and basically changed his whole image. Megan has a great blog about it! Anyway, this is where it gets awesome...

He tweeted back at us!
I've never had a celebrity tweet at me before! Good thing I went to class today and tuned in to the second best thing my professor has ever said. First best is when he announced today he would give us the test essay question in advance.

Props to Megan on her blog about him as well, she tweeted the link at him and he answered!



No comments:

Post a Comment