Thursday, October 25, 2012

Measure windows before you buy the curtains.

I was looking for a textbook on Amazon for my online class one day and found it for only $1.99!!!!! I was amazed at this awesome deal and then I went a little bit crazy with shopping. I got a phone case for only $3.48 (the shipping was more than the actual item) and started looking for curtains because my kitchen window was looking pretty bare.

I found this nice looking curtain for only $9.99, which I thought was a steal because everything else was way more. The description said the measurements were 60Wx84L, and my thoughts were pretty much, "Well, that seems big enough," and I bought it!

When it came in the mail, it turns out it was only one panel and it didn't seem long enough to cover the whole window. I didn't have a curtain rod yet so it wasn't really an issue. I gave myself the benefit of the doubt because my arm span is less than the window length and curtain length, so I couldn't tell for sure if it wouldn't fit.

I finally went out to get a curtain rod, and this time I actually measured the length of the window. Turns out it's about 76 inches across. Anyway, I found a nice curtain rod for half off! I snatched that right up, brought it home, hung it up, and the moment of truth:


But really, I'm fixing it. I went back to Amazon and ordered curtains and this time I made sure the description said 'set of two' and the best part is it was only $9.14!


**UPDATE November 1, 2012:
Fixed it!


No comments:

Post a Comment