Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spiders are too sneaky.

I was being a responsible student and peacefully studying for my upcoming test in the living room the other night. I was sitting on the floor leaning against the couch and using the coffee table to study on, like I normally do. My roommate was in the kitchen trying to make a snack. It was a very peaceful and normal night. Then, I see something out of the corner of my eye and turn my head to look at my arm and there is this huge spider on me.

There are few things in this world that are scarier than spiders. Like giant squids, or getting trapped in the middle of the ocean. Each of which would probably cause death and you'd have to be in the middle of the ocean to encounter them, but spiders can also cause death and they can be anywhere at anytime.



So naturally I freaked out. I screamed and tried to jump up as fast as possible, which was difficult because my legs were under the table so I was kind of stuck. I brushed/shook the spider off my arm and ran into the kitchen. By this time my roommate had run into her room to hide so I was now in the kitchen by myself begging her to come out and help me. She finally agreed, and the spider hunt began.

My initial reaction was to get out of danger, so I was not thinking about where the spider would end up. Luckily I got away, but I have no idea what happened to the spider. I was afraid it would be hiding somewhere so I didn't want to get to close to the scene of the incident. It became a very real game of 'The Floor is Lava'.


Armed with a can of Raid and perched on top of a chair out of harms way, I shined my flashlight around the living room while my roommate stood by with a broom. We even flipped all the pillows off the couches to see if it was hiding in there. Unfortunately, there was no sign of the spider anywhere.

I sprayed the whole living room with Raid, but I'm afraid I was too late. My current theory is the spider is still hiding in the apartment somewhere and has laid eggs so there will be millions of spiders everywhere. But we're prepared now.



No comments:

Post a Comment