Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I can buy whatever I want in the grocery store.

Long ago, when I was young (so maybe not that long ago), I used to go to the grocery store with my mom every week. I'd always ask if we could get some sort of candy, chocolate, or anything else unhealthy and the answer was always no. It was so disappointing and my mom was so mean and obviously not looking out for my best interest.

But what I learned as a kid has now followed me into adulthood. When I go grocery shopping I'll walk past chocolate, candy, cookies and all sorts of delicious things and think to myself, "No, I can't buy that."

Well, now that it's Easter time the Cadbury eggs are out. Cadbury eggs are the best and they put them in a special display in the front of the store so you walk past it every time you are going to check out. Plus they are always on 'sale' so it looks like a great deal every time.


The first day the Cadbury eggs were out, I walked past and thought, "Cadbury eggs!!! I want them! No, I can't..." but then it occurred to me that I'm an adult and I can buy whatever I want and no one can stop me or tell me no.

So I bought a whole bunch and continued to buy them every time I went to the store. They were great and worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment